Making Informed Decisions
Financial well-being is something that is often overlooked. Making good financial decisions now and planning for the future are an important part of your overall wellbeing. As an employer, Utah offers many tools and programs to help you make solid decisions now.
This may include:
- Retirement options (pension and 401k)
- Vacation, holiday, and sick days
- Parental and bereavement leave
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability, and AD&D insurance
- Financial planning and coaching
- Health Savings Plans
As education is an important step for many, Utah also participates in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. This federal program allows any state employee who may qualify, to apply for student loan forgiveness on the remaining balance of certain Federal Direct student loans after they have made 120 qualifying payments on eligible loans and while employed full-time. Visit studentaid.gov for more information.